Ticketmaster SE + Allianz Assistance = Cancellation insurance
When you buy tickets on Ticketmaster.se you are offered to buy an insurance from 'Allianz Assistance'.
What does the insurance cover?
The insurance covers illness or unexpected events close to your event.
Our cancellation insurance is a voluntary insurance that can be purchased in connection with event tickets on Ticketmaster.
Some examples of what your insurance covers:
- If you have a serious accident
- Serious illness or diagnosis. Also quarantined for epidemic or pandemic diseases such as Covid-19.
- You have to stay at home due to a police investigation or various natural disasters such as fire or storm.
- Your public transport (Bus or plane for example) that would transport you to the event is severely delayed or canceled.
- Your vehicle that you were to take to the event breaks down or has an accident, which results in you being more than three hours late and there are no alternative travel routes.
To have a complete overview of exactly what your insurance covers, you need to read Allianz Assistance's complete terms and agreements for their insurance, more info can be found here: https://www.ticketmaster.se/help/insurance.html?language=en-us
Examples of occasions when your insurance does not apply:
- If your event has been moved and you are no longer able to attend on the new date due to other bookings.
- You regret your booking.
- You want to cancel some tickets from your booking (Two out of four tickets for example)
What does the cancellation insurance cost?
It costs 5.75% of the ticket value (however, the minimum fee is 13.50 SEK).
I bought the insurance, how do I use it?
If you wish to use your cancellation insurance to get your money back for an event you have been prevented from attending, you must make a claim to the insurance company. You can do this via the following link: http://www.allianz-protection.com/
Complete your claim and you will be contacted by the insurance company after that.
I regret that I bought the cancellation insurance, can I cancel it?
If the insurance does not meet your expectations, you must contact Ticketmaster Sweden within 14 days of the insurance being issued.
The premium will be refunded unless there is less than 7 days left until the event or if you have made a claim or intend to make a claim. In these cases, no refund will be made.